Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tripadvisor.com

Tripadvisor.com

I have been going through and reading almost every post on 4hedonism from the last year
    to get as much information as possible about Hedo 3 before taking a trip. Your posts have been very very helpful.

I have also been reading all the posts on tripadvisor.com for Hedo 3. Most of them give the thumbs up for the resort. But once in a while you get one that
    has major complaints about the resort. Cleanliness, water and ac issues, etc.

Does any body have an opinion about these reviews posted on ta.com.

Like this one;
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...y_Jamaica.html

Thanks
    wm

Ok, I read the review!

THAT was OBVIOUSLY someone who should not have chosen Hedo for a vacation.
    They did NOT research the resort. They saw Adult, Prude/Quad/Nude options, Theme nights, All inclusive AND it was the cheapest of all the resorts...
    HONEY, LET'S BOOK THIS RESORT! Maybe we could even try getting topless or naked if we want! Apparently they though Prude meant CLOTHING ONLY!
    If we see a couple like this off on their own we make the effort to go say HI!

And HOLY SHIT they went on the Tease Um Model Photo Shoot week!
    Imagine if they went on the Kinks in the Caribbean Week!!!!!!!!

That review is SAD and VERY FUNNY at the same time!!!
    Sad they had a bad experience and trip!
    Funny because just imagine all you saw on your FIRST trip if that had been the most prude person you know and they did not know ANYTHING about Hedo.
    THAT review actually happens alot more than you think... people book Hedo with out KNOWING what it really is... they get there and WOW!!! They can ask at the front desk and have been transferred to Breezes with little to no effort or penalty.

Blog Entries
    People inherently look for reasons to qualify and reinforce their preconceived notions. When people show up to Hedo expecting one thing and can't handle what it really is, they hone in on all the other things that help them justify that the resort is terrible. They get something they don't like at the buffet and have a bad attitude about the food, they run into an employee who is tired and does not smile at them or serve them promptly and all the employees are rude ... It could not possibly be their fault for having chosen the wrong resort - it must just be a crappy resort ...

I choose to focus on the positive and have a GREAT trip every time because there are so many positive things to focus on.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Tripadvisor is garbage.

Hedo is "discusting" and I love it!

If you don't "get it" by the name of the resort alone....you're never going to get it. The place is called "Hedonism" for christ sakes...

Blog Entries
    Hedo is not for everyone. It is for people who want a great vacation, meet new people, and have fun. It offers a chance to let your hair down. As hare2party said, focus on the positive. You will find the staff is great, the food varies from ok to good, the drinks flow freely and most people are having a great time. Your room will be cleaned daily. What more could you want.

Thumbs up

Nice way to start a Friday. I read the reports that you provided from top to bottom.

My wife and I have been to Hedo 3 8 times so far and in 8 trips to Hedo 3 we have never witnessed the types of things this person did going on in the prude pool area....never...we will be contacting the resort and demanding a refund for those previous 8 trips...lol...

Our trip crosses Teasum yearly, I also do not recall them acting in this manner when we are there...dammit we got ripped off again....

If this person that worte the report was so opposed to a sexually charged vacation, perhaps they should have went to Starfish....

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I know, reports like this make me so mad.

I've been to HD3 15 or so times and have yet to actually come across an orgie...these lucky SOB's find them 24/7.

I want a refund too.

Reading the first paragraph of the tripadvisor report I believe they had a Quad pool room...not Prude as indicated. They say they looked out on the ronchy (sp. raunchy) activities in the pool and Hot Tub...They prude side at 3 does not have a hot tub (unless you count the one not working the last 2 years by the disco)...They also state that they wanted an adult resort with nude OK.

To me it was a case of lack of research, not knowing what they were getting and once they decided what Hedo is they didn't like it...so found nothing to like.

Alot of negative reports seem to have something that ticked a person off...such as the old lack of towel problems...So one small issue grew as they nitpick every little detail..OMG no ashtrays (smokers...calm down!)...OMG I didn't like the food on the Buffet...OMG the plastic cups they serve drinks in are so small...OMG alot of stairs to piano bar and disco...Then comes the trip report where they found nothing good about the resort and blast everything.

I find the trip report that gives both the positives and negatives alot more believble than the downright negative complaining ones are from someone who was ticked off about 1 thing in particular
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

I agree that these people needed Sandals or Breezes...but then, reading all they've written, perhaps those would have been too extreme as well.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sabinaandscott View Post
    Reading the first paragraph of the tripadvisor report I believe they had a Quad pool room...not Prude as indicated. They say they looked out on the ronchy (sp. raunchy) activities in the pool and Hot Tub...They prude side at 3 does not have a hot tub (unless you count the one not working the last 2 years by the disco)...They also state that they wanted an adult resort with nude OK....
    In the paragraph you mentioned, they also stated that no one went to the public bathrooms...if they stayed in the quad they wouldhave known that there is no such thing as a public bathroom there....

Ivy and Rick
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 05-08-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Blog Entries
    Wow, I read that trip report and those guys just should have stayed home, seems like not even Breezes or StarFish would be acceptable to them. Having only gone to Hedo 2 I don't know anything about III, but I can relate to only one part of the review...I was asked once by a very nice east european lady, why I went to the restroom so much? I politely answered her..."cause I gotta pee". I was pretty shocked when her response was..."just pee in the pool". I responded "nooooooooo.....pools are for swimming, toilets are for peeing", I got out of the pool, went to the toilet and got back in as far away from that chick as possible!! LOL!!!
    Next: H2 - Nov 5 - Nov 14 2015 Dirty Perv
    H2 – 5- 24 - 5-28-14
    H2 – 10 24 - Nov. 2 '14
    Desire - RM&Pearl – 6-26 - 7-2-14
    H2 – LVD 11 8 - 16, 2013
    H2 – Jul 22 - 31, '12
    H2 - Dec 5 - 11, '11
    H2 - Jul 22 - 29, '11
    H2 - May 28 - Jun 4 '11
    H2 - LVD Fest - Nov 13 - 20, '10
    H3 - Jul 23 - 26 '10
    H2 - May 29 - Jun 5 - '10
    H2 - LVD - Nov '09
    Gr. Lido & H2 May 2009 Wedding&Hnymoon
    H2 July - '06: H2 - Oct '07: H2 - May '08

On the funnier side of this trip report...that peeing comment just proves they are the voyeur couple...peeking out through the curtains to notice that no one got out of the pool to Pee ALL DAY!...They must have been watching the discusting (sic) behaviour for a LONG LOONG time to notice if this was fact or fantasy....lol...did they really hate it, or did they rush back to their room all the time to check on the use of bathroom situation!!
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

We agree, Scott. They musta liked it more than their report is saying because if WE hated something that much, WE would have gone up to the front desk and demanded to be moved.

NOW we have to go up to front desk and demand that we get to see all that THEY got to see!
    kitten and angel

Celebrating 10 Years of Spring Fling Fun at Hedo in 2018!
    April 07 ~ 14, 2018

kitten & angel's 10th Anniversary Spring Fling 2018 - April 7-14

http://www.kittennangel.com/

If it was so terrible for this couple, had they complained to the front desk, wouldn’t Hedo tried to accommodate them with a transfer to one of their sister properties?

Unlike this couple, because I have read the posts here, I know that we are going “Gomorrah”, so seeing sex in the open will not be a problem or a shock. But a pleasure.

What I am still a little concerned about is other past ta.com's lower rated reviews. Some of the reviews stated rooms having musty smells, mildew, ants and so on. Granted even some of the posts on 4Hedo state that travelers go to Hedo 3 knowing that it’s not really a 5 star resort. But for the money I don’t want to end up in a Motel 8.

What should we expect in room cleanliness, hot water, and air conditioning.

Thanks
    WM

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WM+MM=S&M View Post
    ....What I am still a little concerned about is other past ta.com's lower rated reviews. Some of the reviews stated rooms having musty smells, mildew, ants and so on....What should we expect in room cleanliness, hot water, and air conditioning.

Thanks
    WM
    In 8 trips, room cleanliness has never been an issue with us. A few years back, though we did not experience it, we understand there was an issue with mildew that was addressed at the time and a complete clean up of the resort occurred. We had ants in our bathroom one year, called the front desk and they sent a bug guy down that took care of the problem. One year our A/C was not working, again, a call to the front desk and a maintenance man had it fixed in minutes. Hot water at times has been an issue, but I have not heard that complaint in a couple years. I guess the important thing to know is that if you have a complaint, contact guest relations or the front desk. They are there to help and in the times we have had issues, they have taken care of the problem.

Its not 5 star, but its far above Motel 6.

Have fun..

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast